Word Fountain Christian Ministries
Personal Information Privacy Notice (GDPR 1.Vi)
Word Fountain Christian Ministries (WFCM) is “a controller” under the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018.
WFCM is committed to protecting personal data and respecting the rights of our data subjects: the people whose personal data we collect and use. We value and respect information entrusted to us by complying with all relevant laws
Your Personal Data
Personal data’ means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier (in this case our website)or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person. This regulation is controlled by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
How we process your personal data
WFCM will comply by the principle outlined in GDPR by ensuring that personal data are processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner in relation to individuals; collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes; adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary; accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date; will not be kept for no longer than is necessary; protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage.
We have a risk management procedure and will investigate any breach. We will try and resolve any breach and where applicable report to ICO accordingly.
What we use your data for
We use your data for the following purposes:-
- Maintain our list of members and invite regular attendees to our meetings/events;
- Provide pastoral support for members and others connected with our Ministry – child naming, child dedication, water baptism, premarital counselling, marriage counselling and similar requests.
- Provide services to the community including our work with Family Arena Adult Learning and Holiday Activities; Abingdon & Witney College, Love Oxford, International Ministers Fellowship, Oxford Pastors Forum and similar organisations.
- Safeguard children, Young people and Adults at risk
- Manage needs of members, volunteers and service users;
- Process Gift Aid, maintain our accounts and records as prescribed by law;
- Respond effectively to enquirers and handle any complaints with accuracy and in a timely manner
- Ensure that we comply with all existing laws and regulations regarding data we hold.
- To communicate information to members and those who subscribe to receive our teaching materials, prayer support, ministry videos, conferences and seminars, dates and minutes of meetings. The information we collect is needful in case of death, birthdays, child dedication and other church ministerial schedules.
- To receive regular ministry notices
Legal Basis for processing your data
- Explicit consent so that you have a real choice and control over how use your data, and want to build your trust and engagement. As a church with no immediate international affiliates, we will not transfer your data overseas without your consent.
- With regards to children under 13 years of age, we will rely on your parents or your guardians’ consent in order to process personal data.
- Legitimate interests of sharing biblical messages, prayer points and information on church events
- Legal obligation to which the controller is subject; where processing is necessary for compliance to our safeguarding policy, funder’s requirement, Gift Aid, Family Arena Adult Learning and Holiday Activities.
Sharing your data with other organisation
- We will only share personal data with other organisations or people when we have established a lawful basis for sharing and if we have informed the data subject about the possibility of the data being shared. This may happen on occasion of our events, conferences, Gift Aid, Family Arena Adult Learning and Holiday Activities.
- We will keep records of information shared with a third party,
- Data sharing with third parties will be by consent.
How long do we keep your personal data?
- Your personal data will not be kept longer than necessary for the purposes for which it is being processed. Members who have left the ministry and no longer in touch will be removed from our data base; however will keep the Gift Aid, Wedding, Naming, Child Dedication, Deaths and School of Ministry register permanently as it has the details we have to keep for future reference.
- Our photos, magazines, videos, calendars will be kept permanently for church history.
Those who are our data subjects have the right to:
- Be informed about the collection and use of their personal data
- Access their personal data. This is commonly referred to as subject access.
- Request to have inaccurate personal data rectified, or completed if it is incomplete.
- Request their personal data to be erased, also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’
- Request the restriction or suppression of their personal data.
- Data portability, which allows individuals to obtain and reuse their personal data for their own purposes across different services
- Object to the processing of their personal data
- Withdraw their consent
If we have new purposes in the course of our administration not covered by this notice, we will provide our data subjects with a new notice and will require their consent prior to commencing the processing.
If you have any questions regarding this Privacy Notice please contact and we will get back to you within 10days.
Phone: 01865402108 or 07958596340
73 Hollow Way (Rear Hall). Cowley. OX4 2ND. Registered Charity Number: 1102347 – Company No 04934500